Today's Motivation - Storms
“If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm” -Frank Lane
“Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some
come to clear your path”
I grew up in a village and one day there was a storm. In those days there were only one television station and two radio stations. News of the approaching storm constantly blared across the stations and we were warned to stay indoors throughout the tempest.
It was my first time experiencing a storm and even though my parents were concerned, in my child-like innocence I was excited. The neighbours were busy boarding up their doors and windows and when the storm hit land the wind was amazing. I could hear its’ howling as debris scattered across the land but better still I found a peephole through the window and I looked out across the road. It was so amazing that I could barely peel my eyes off the experience unfolding before me.
It was then I saw her. Ma Wang the old Chinese woman who lived in the wooden shack across the road from me. The wind was so intense that I swore it would easily lift her frail 80-year-old body into the sky. Yet there she was with the top half of her wooded front door opened, harshly fighting against the strong wind. It was that day that I saw an old woman win the fight against the wind. She managed to get the upper half of that door shut and retreat into her sanctuary. After the storm, I asked her if she was not scared and she replied, “Child at my age I have seen enough in life not to be scared. Besides, I knew it would eventually stop and the sun would come out.”
Let us be encouraged by this true story today, and know that despite whatever storm may brew in our lives, we can weather through, knowing the sun will again shine. Be blessed.

Lovely perspective; great story shared. Thank you Jen ☺ - Kamini (forgot to my name in an earlier post of your's).
ReplyDeleteKamini this is a true story. In our childhood what seems so dangerous to adults seems to fascinate children. Lol.
ReplyDelete