Today's Motivation - "Don't Cry"
“You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry, but do not give up.”
“Sometimes memories sneak out my eyes and roll down my cheeks.”
It was the day of my mother’s funeral and I could not cry. I was numb with the pain of losing her. After the burial, I continued to be strong for everyone, or so I thought. When the torrential rain of tears finally fell, I was told, “don’t cry!” Yet, I continued to cry for many years after, whenever I thought of her.
Have you ever cried for a lost lover, a child, a parent gone too soon and been told: “don’t cry”? Or maybe you’ve cried for a friendship gone bad, a brother or sister who does not see things eye to eye with you and someone said, “don’t cry”. Maybe it’s that co-worker who always seems to make life at the office unbearable or even the boss too. When you get home and relay your horrible day to your hubby, he says, “don’t cry”.
Well, I am here to tell you today that everyone who says “don’t cry” may be well-intentioned, however, in order to heal, we need to cry. So cry and heal but remember, do not let the crying overwhelm you to the point of bitterness. Cry and heal and then, “don’t cry!” Be blessed.

I ❤ this! Been there so many times...thanks for the inspirational read.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your response Kamini. Yes girl, we all have been there.
Delete